Southey Green Primary School & Nurseries is situated in the North of Sheffield within easy access of the M1. It was first built in 1930 as a grammer school and has recently been modified from the seperate Junior and Infant schools in 2006 into one of the largest primary schools in Sheffield which stands today.
The school has;
- A substantially stocked library
- State of the art ICT Suite
- Two assembly halls each fitted with 3m electric screens with surround sound audio & mobile stage lighting
- Three large yards for our seperate learning phases
- Two hard court multi-use cages suitable for football & basketball
- Seprerate space built specifically for Sports & Arts
- Two large quads for animal & plant development
- Wildlife garden
- Sports field attached to the upper phase yard
- Food Technology room
- Conference facility
We are a Local Education Authority County Primary school for pupils aged between 3 &11 and currently have more than 630 children on roll who all come from different ethnic backgrounds. Most of our children move on to our local secondary schools such as Chaucer, Yewlands, Parkwood & Ecclesfield when they leave Year 6 at age 11, although parents do have the right to choose any secondary school.
We have an enthsiastic, didecated and experienced team who are committed to providing children with the best possible education.
The school has Nursery provision both at Southey and our offsite Lindsay Nursery. Lindsay also offers wrap around care including pre school, lunchtime, after school and holiday provision. We are committed to an extended programme of after school clubs and holiday activities. The school has a fantastic Sports Arts building which is used for curriculum and community use. Breakfast club also operates daily prior the the start of every school day.
Hover over the main heading or click the links below to find out more about our community
|Admissions||Ofsted/Policies||Photo Gallery||School Meals/Milk||School Times||Staff||Staying Healthy||Uniform|